1. DO I NEED TO FILL OUT AN APPLICATION FOR EACH CHILD? Yes. A complete application is required for each child who you are applying for a scholarship. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information.
2. DO I NEED TO FILL OUT THE ENTIRE APPLICATION? Yes. If a question does not apply to your situation, please mark “n/a”. All applications which are not completed entirely will not be considered for scholarship qualifying.
3. DO I NEED TO PROVIDE PROOF OF INCOME? Yes. You will need to supply a copy of your last Federal Tax Return with your completed application.
4. HOW MUCH CAN I EXPECT TO RECEIVE IN A SCHOLARSHIP? All applicants are expected to pay $100 per child plus the cost of their instrument rental (if applicable) as their minimum personal family contribution. The remaining balance may be offset by a scholarship depending upon your level of qualifying, total number of scholarship applications received and the total scholarship monies made available to applicants by the Orange Park High School Band Boosters Organization.
5. WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR OTHER SCHOOL BASED FINANCIAL NEEDS PROGRAMS, DO WE STILL HAVE TO COMPLETE THIS APPLICATION AS WELL? Yes, The Orange Park High School Band Boosters Organization is not an agency or department of the Clay County School System.
6. WHO CAN GET A BAND BOOSTER SCHOLARSHIP? Your children must be a member of the Orange Park High School Band Program and may be eligible to reduce their band obligations if your household income is within levels shown on our Eligibility Income Chart. You can find this Eligibility Income Chart at the bottom of this page.
7. SHOULD I FILL OUT AN APPLICATION IF I RECEIVED A SCHOLARSHIP FROM THE BAND BOOSTERS ORGANIZATION PREVIOUSLY? Yes. Your child’s application is only good for that school year. All applicants need to reapply for scholarships on an annual basis as your family’s financial situation may have changed from your previous application
8. WILL THE INFORMATION I GIVE BE CHECKED? Yes and we may ask you to send additional supporting information.
9. IF I DON’T QUALIFY NOW, MAY I APPLY LATER? Yes. However, the Orange Park High School Band Booster Scholarship Applications are only considered once a year during a specific time period just prior to registration for the upcoming band season. (please visit the band web site for specific dates- http://www.orangeparkband.com). No applications are accepted after the deadline for that school year. You may apply each and every year your child remains in the Orange Park High School Band Program.
10. WHO SHOULD I INCLUDE AS MEMBERS OF MY HOUSEHOLD? You must include all people living in your household, related or not (such as grandparents, other relatives, or friends). You must include yourself and all children living with you.
11. WHAT IF MY INCOME IS NOT ALWAYS THE SAME? List the amount that you normally receive. For example, if you normally make $1000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only made $900, put down that you made $1000 per month. If you normally get overtime, include it, but do not include it if you only work overtime sometimes.
12. WE ARE IN THE MILITARY. DO WE INCLUDE OUR HOUSING ALLOWANCE AS INCOME? If you get an off-base housing allowance, it must be included as income. However, if your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income.
13. MY SPOUSE IS DEPLOYED TO A COMBAT ZONE. IS COMBAT PAY COUNTED AS INCOME? No, if the combat pay is received in addition basic pay because of their deployment and it wasn’t received before deployment, combat pay is not counted as income.
14. HOW WILL I BE INFORMED AS TO THE OUTCOME OF MY APPLICATION? All applicants will receive a letter from the Orange Park High School Director of Bands with in seven calendar days of the application deadline.
|Each Additional Person:||3,750||312.50||72.12|